Monday, August 25, 2014

Primer día de clases en la Universidad Internacional!

I woke up very excited and nervous to begin my two week Intensive Spanish Course at la Universidad Internacional!

Mi madre called me a taxi to take to school and I got dropped off right before classes started. I found my schedule on the sign in table and was ready to go! 

My schedule for this week is:

Intensive Spanish Class from 8:00-10:55am (with two 10 minute breaks)
Conferencia (what we call lecture) from 11:15am-2:00pm (with two 10 minute breaks)

My Spanish class is extremely focused on personalized attention because it just happens to be that Lindsey and I are the only students in this class! Hah! Typically, there is no more than five students in each class at UNINTER. I thought that was small, I was wrong! Our professors name is David. He is extremely nice and helpful. We basically just chat for the first fifty minutes to get our brains going in Spanish and then we move onto different grammatical areas. 

My lecture course is focused on preparing us for our classroom here in Mexico. We are learning about the educational system here in Mexico (types of schools, curriculum, adminisration), the differences between the US and Mexico education systems and classroom vocabulary. Just in one day I already learned so much about the education system here and how different it is than the US. It really helped to give me an insight on my future students here in Cuernavaca as well as my future students in the US that come from the different parts of Mexico. Our professor, José, is great. I also knew I liked him immediately when I saw his shirt...!



Ready for day two tomorrow!! 

Here are the pictures of the campus as I promised! It is such a nice place to be! 








Fun fact: All 18 buildings owned by UNINTER are painted the same orange color. There is a special reasoning behind it, I believe it's named after a Mexican fruit but I have to do some digging to find out! 

xoxo,

Estefani


P.S.

Look at my new friend I found in my room today! (¡Ay, caramba!)


His name is Vinny the Vinagrillo. They are like a spider/scorpion hybrid that expel an odor (harmless to humans) that smells like vinegar (hence vina in vinagrillo). It was a nice science lesson to wake up to! Unfortunately, we parted ways and he is now surfing the waters of the Cuernavaca sewage system...


No comments:

Post a Comment